Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Education for all!

Global 20/20

There are four big reasons why we would want to ensue education on all, but before we try to change the world (if we can), we look at the big picture behind everything. There are always the negatives and the positives. So, in my first blog for global 20/20, I want to focus on one of the reasons/ideas that education is important for everyone. It is that education reduces poverty and inequality and lays the basis of sustainable growth. Now, I believe this point links up to to next point, which plays a big part in the new world economy. It effects it in a way that a country's education will make an impact on the way the government is run in that country or as a low-return country. 

In the new world economy, countries with higher power and money, do they want the poorer countries to be more educated so that they will in turn, acquire equal power as the richer countries have? Think about it... if countries in the entire world, across the oceans... if they all had a successful economy, a systematic government, and the people of the country all educated, what would be the outcomes, the consequences? Can we see this as something positive, that we want, or something negative, that we wouldn't want? Education for all... would it have a favourable outcome?

This is a really big topic, something I can think and wouldn't be able to decide on anything except maybe open ended questions. There are so many twists and turns to education. Everything isn't as smooth and easy as I would like it to be. People in poor and developing countries... they should be educated, at least until high school. It would definitely help out the state the poor countries are in, especially with the spread of diseases like AIDS. People are becoming victims of these diseases because they are unaware and educated. Now, I feel like I'm back in the middle again. These statistics and all these information that I'm reading about what's happening in the developing countries, I'm uncertain and not sure what to think about 'Education for all!' 

Yes! I want education for all! I want the people of developing countries to be educated about AIDS and other diseases so they can resist. But also maybe not sure! Because right now I'm pondering about the idea that's supposed to make the world a better place? Will we be unknowingly assisting in a global confrontation of all countries...? Right now though, the yes' out weights the no's on the scale of decision making... But we shall see. Since I would like to hear other people's opinion in our next meeting tomorrow. It will help with piecing my thoughts more easily. 

No comments: